Mini Chloe Drew Review




Overview

This is the Chloe Drew Bag in the mini size, in plum and hot pink.
The top is smooth leather. Bottom is grained leather (don’t know if it’s goat or calf)
I have owned it for 4 months and use it about 2 times a week.  I just recently took it on a weekend trip to Quebec where it took a bit of a beating.


Pros


  • Super cute. It has a unique shape that is really different than most bags out there.
  • They make this in a range of fun colours and in suede as well. 
  • It can hold more than you think. I can fit more in here than in my Chanel mini rectangle.
  • The price is reasonable. The non-neutral colours often go on sale, so you might be able to score a deal if you’re patient. I got mine from ssense for 30% off.
  • Not a common bag so you won’t see it around everywhere.
  • Can work with both casual outfits and dressed up for nights out.


Cons:



  • The biggest problem for me was the hardware in front. Within 3-4 uses, I already saw scratches on the hardware on the front clasp. I’ve seen pics of other Drew’s that also have the same problem. Over time, the gold will also tarnish, including on the chain strap.
  • It’s kind of a hassle to have to insert the chain thing into lock everytime. You can leave it unclasped but then it dangles and clanks against the bag when you walk
  • The chain strap is not overly heavy. However, it’s not super comfortable is you are wearing a sleeveless shirt. But you can't fit a ton inside so it wouldn't necessary be terribly heavy. It may  leave dents on your shoulder if you don’t have sleeves.
  • In older bags I've seen, the leather will soften and the bottom will flatten out. It will not retain its round shape forever. I always stuff the bag when it goes back on the shelf so hopefully this will prolong the sagging.
  • Chain strap is not adjustable. It hits me a bit lower than I’d desire (I’m 5’4 and petite)
  • In comparison with other luxury bags, the resale value (if you choose to do consignment) is not great. I’ve seen these on the resale market, and they’ll sell at a fraction of the cost of what you bought it for.  This would be a plus if you were buying pre-loved though.  
If you have any questions about the bag, let me know!



Comments

Popular Posts